Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Bible Camp for LDS Kids?

I've posted something many outside of the south may find controversial for an LDS family. You can read more about it here.

The gist of it is my kids are enjoying camps at other churches that teach only the Bible. Is this cause for alarm? Are the Hanson's leaving the LDS church? Heavens no. My faith has not waivered nor is it. My kids are stronger for embracing the teachings (well monitored mind you) of fellow Christians in the DFW area.

A helpful spiritual diet of Book of Mormon reading and daily family prayer keeps our kids going down the path we choose to lead them. But ultimately, there will come a time in their lives when they must develop and stand on their own testimony (witness in generic Christian speak) of God, His Son, and the Church that aligns best with what the Spirit is dictating to their souls. For me, that is the LDS faith and I testify that the Spirit has borne witness to me that this is Christ's Church. As for my children, may they reach the same conclusion by the same Spirit.

No comments: